I am 24 and found out a year ago I had a brain tumor which has been resected could I have had this the majority of my life?

Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Radiation Oncology
In brief: Possible
You are very young and therefore may have had the tumor for some time.
Different brain tumors grow at different speeds. A low grade tumor is more likely to have been there longer. Check with your doctor about the details of the tumor. This not only can answer your question but quide you on how likely it is to be controlled.

In brief: Possible
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Robert Singer
Neurosurgery
In brief: Depends
The tumour tissue type would have to be known in order to speculate as to how long it's been there.
Such speculation is often times irrelevant however.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Robert Singer
Dr. Robert Singer
Dr. Eric Weisman