My friend just stopped abusing oxycontin, she thinks she has schizophrenia because she is seeing someone who isn't really there. Is this a side effect?

Dr. Holly Maes

In brief: Could be

Withdrawl symptoms could involve hallucinations such as you describe.
Lots of things come in to play here - how much she was taking, how often she used, how quickly she is withdrawing - is she stopping cold turkey without the oversight of a doc? I would be a good friend and encourage her to get clean, but she likely needs professional help to do that, and could be dangerous if she doesn't get help.

In brief: Could be

Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. Charles Barnhart
And by the way, that's not schizophrenia.
Dr. Eric Weisman