Is there any good evidence for taking nutritonal supplements of collagen hydrolysate for joint pain ?

Dr. Blake Miller
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Not great evidence

There is only moderate evidence by our academy that recommends 1500mg glucosamine with 1200mg chondroitin taken twice daily that may help with joint pain.
I would take it for one month to see if you feel it is efficacious. If you feel it's helping, keep taking it. If you feel it doesn't help you, stop taking it because its just a waste of your money. I'm not aware of any other dietary supplements.

In brief: Not great evidence

Dr. Blake Miller
Dr. Blake Miller
Dr. Frank Holmes
I agree but believe the dosing is glucosamine 1500 mg and chrondroitin 1200 mg daily, not twice daily. It's permitted to take formulations up to 3x/day, but 1500/1200 is the daily amount.
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine