I am unnecessarily anxious and have trouble sleeping. Nothing helps. Recently divorced, now a single mom. Medication?

Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care

In brief: Rock,pebble & sand

Jar filled with rock can take extra pebbles still and sand can be poured on top.
Rocks are important things like family, pebbles are like jobs, sand is small stuff in life. If you fill your life jar with either sand or pebbles first there is no space for important rocks of life. Serenity is letting go of things you cannot control having the courage to change what you can. Hope this helps.

In brief: Rock,pebble & sand

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Eric Anderson

In brief: Sleep help

I'm sorry to hear about all you've been going through! if the anxiety came after the divorce, therapy alone might help resolve the anxiety.
Sleep is also important to reduce anxiety, but being a single mom you don't want to be "hungover" or too sedated. Over-the-counter medications like melatonin or Diphenhydramine can help. Barring that, prescription sleep aids like Lunesta (eszopiclone) and Ambien may help.

In brief: Sleep help

Dr. Eric Anderson
Dr. Eric Anderson
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham