My throat makes weird sounds when I drink soda, what's wrong with me?

Dr. Robert Knox
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Weird sounds swallow

Nothing is wrong with you, if you throat makes weird sounds.
This is one of two things: either the popping in your ears when your eustachian tubes open during swallowing or the mechanical sounds of fluids rushing down your throat. If you're worried, go see an ENT to have a complete throat exam.

In brief: Weird sounds swallow

Dr. Robert Knox
Dr. Robert Knox
Dr. Arthur Heller
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Bubbles

May have some incoordination of swallowing liquids, with excess bubbles in the throat as it goes down.
If you have pain with swallowing, or difficulty swallowing solids or liquids, see your doc. If you cough or sputter while swallowing solids or liquids, see your doc.

In brief: Bubbles

Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Adam Smith