I noticed that a few 'punctate submucosacal calcifications' was seen in uterus on pelvic ultrasound. I had a baby 3 months ago. What could cause this?

Normal finding. In addition, there are often calcifications that form both within and on the surface of the placenta as the pregnancy approaches term.
Uterine Calcificatio. Micro calcifications in the uterine lining after childbirth are innocuous occurrences when tissue from the placenta that might be left behind is digested and cleared. There is nothing to worry about.
Placental bed. The findings noted could be related yo the recent pregnancy. A followup ultrasound in 3 or 4 months likely would show that the calcifications have resolved.