I had a tkr 8 months ago. Should I still have swelling and pain on walking 4-5 miles or climbing stairs? 

Dr. Barry Waldman
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction

In brief: It's not uncommon

All knees heal at different rates.
Talk to your surgeon to make sure the implants are stable and that there is no infection or other issue that won't get better with time.

In brief: It's not uncommon

All knees heal at different rates.
Dr. Barry Waldman
Dr. Barry Waldman
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: No right answer

Unfortunately since everyone is different there is not a good way to answer this.
I have seen people after tkr who are in great shape 8 months after surgery and those who can have persistent pain, stiffness and swelling. At the 8 month mark it does make sense to talk to your orthopedist about your symptoms to see what can be done. Good luck.

In brief: No right answer

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Peter Kurzweil