I've been hypo thyroid for 12 years. My symptoms have worsened even on meds. Dr says blood in good range. Won't try to alleviate symptoms. Any advice?

Dr. Jennie Law
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: ?Other causes
Very possible ur thyroid is fine, but something else definitely isnt, to make u feel poorly.
For ex, a person may have hypertension but symptoms can be from something unrelated, so everytime u chk blood pressure, it's fine. Perhaps approach ur pcp wig more broad question, such as, "what's causing my symptoms? Instead of, pls chk my thyroid.".

In brief: ?Other causes
Dr. Jennie Law
Dr. Jennie Law
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Other causes
There could be other causes for your symptoms beside the thyroids which is supposedly adequately treated with normal level.
Try to keep an open mind. See your doctor for other workup. It's hard to do any more to the thyroid if thyroid labs are completely normal on treatment. You could also see another doctor for second opinion if you are not convinced with your current doc. It's done ask the time.

In brief: Other causes
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Keegan Duchicela