What are signs that of a stroke?

Dr. Horacio Capote
In brief: Several
Sudden onset of problems speaking, confusion, and muscle weakness can often be signs of a stroke.
It is very important that you go to the emergency department asap if this happens. The faster one is evaluated & treated, the more likely it will be successful.

In brief: Several
Dr. Horacio Capote
Dr. Horacio Capote
Dr. Damian Tomic
General Practice
In brief: F.A.S.T.
F = new onset facial weakness on one side, the mouth or the eye droops (smiling shows this up) A = new onset arm weakness (you cant hold one of your arms up or lift it properly S = speech problems, new slurring or difficulty finding the name for common objects e.
g. pen, chairs, keys. T = Urgent treatment in hospital is required. Call ambulance.

In brief: F.A.S.T.
Dr. Damian Tomic
Dr. Damian Tomic
Dr. Arthur Hoffman
In brief: Sudden sp.,gait diff
The lay person thinks sudden diff.
In comm., gait; however, though rarer the effect of a denial of o2 from thrombosis--or even the rarer embolism (even a-v malformation, infection, altitude and on) will present depending on what part of the brain is effected.Usually it is as initially described, but zebras can occur.Tx. Of acute ma.

In brief: Sudden sp.,gait diff
The lay person thinks sudden diff.
Dr. Arthur Hoffman
Dr. Arthur Hoffman
Dr. Diane Roberts Stoler
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Stroke Symptoms
Instead of a short answer, please go to my websitehttp://www.
drdiane.com/patients/acquired-brain-injury/stroke-aneurysm/ Let me know if this has helped. Dr. Diane

In brief: Stroke Symptoms
Dr. Diane Roberts Stoler
Dr. Diane Roberts Stoler
Dr. Eric Weisman