A degreaser burned me months ago on m hands and knuckles. Daily items, like oj spilled on them, irritate the burns. What can I do or use to help?

Dr. Kristin Cox
Wound care
In brief: See wound MD
Having a wound/burn specialist is essential to evaluate the extent of the burns and other skin or health related issues.
Generally, silvadene (silver sulfadiazine) cream is very effective in treating wounds related to burn injuries.

In brief: See wound MD
Dr. Kristin Cox
Dr. Kristin Cox
Dr. David Wishnew
Wound care
In brief: Painful lye burn
I am concerned that after this length of time that the burns have not fully healed.
Lye is the major component of degreaser and the wounds ought to be checked out by a specialist. To protect wound from water, you can use a petrolatum (vaseline) to coat the areas. This will make the area "waterproof" and moisturize the tissues as well.

In brief: Painful lye burn
Dr. David Wishnew
Dr. David Wishnew
Dr. Donald Vierling
Wound care
In brief: Needs full eval.
I agree with dr. Wishnew and recommend full evaluation of burned areas including cultuers for secondary bacterial infection, judicious cleansing, and adequate coverage and protection of the areas involved.

In brief: Needs full eval.
Dr. Donald Vierling
Dr. Donald Vierling
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care
In brief: Medihoney
You can use medihoney with kinesio tapes this will separate the burns while you wash.
Change this daily. The other choice is balm of gilliard with kinesio tapes. If you rather heal the tissue from inside take l-glutamine orally 1000mg twice daily and a&d cream no need to cover in this case.

In brief: Medihoney
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown