Aftee having sinus surgery, how many sinus infections until I need a second sugery?

Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Unknown

The typical # of infections i see before i recommend surgery for some with recurrent acute sinusitis is about 3-4/year. If you've already had surgery.
.. It could be 3-4 or more depending on tolerance/ desire to have further surgery and if there are residual area that can be opened. I usually recommend allergy testing before a second surgery to make sure any possible underlying issues are addressed.

In brief: Unknown

Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Robert Knox
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Failed Sinus Surgery

Sinus surgery generally does not "cure" sinus disease unless the problem is an anatomic blockage only.
Most patients who suffer from repeated sinus symptoms also have chronic inflammation of the nasal and sinus passages. In patients with persistent symptoms after surgery, best to evaluate for allergies and explore for chronic irritants. Treat the symptoms is the best suggestion. See your ENT doc.

In brief: Failed Sinus Surgery

Dr. Robert Knox
Dr. Robert Knox
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine