I have coronary artery disease and will be having eye surgery soon my eye doctor wants me to stop the aspirin for a week before surgeon wants me to?

Discuss with doctor. Cataract surgery can be done while taking aspirin, but like all incisional surgeries, the risk of bleeding is increased. In my practice, i ask the patients who are taking Aspirin to discuss stopping it with the doctor who prescribes it. We then go with that doctor's recommendation.
Risk benefit of. Stopping Aspirin vs risk of bleeding with it on board....Talk to your physician.
Surgeon. We do stop Aspirin sometimes. The coronary surgeon may want you to delay until healed? The eye surgeon fears any, even small, bleeding risk. Have them chat and decide risk strategy.