What does elevated WBC 14k and very low platelet count indicate? Child experience low grade fever approx. 1 week, cough, runny nose and is lethargic.

Dr. James Ball
Pediatrics - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Repeat labs soon.

This could be infection, buy may be something more serious.
I would have the blood counts rechecked very soon. Most children with viral infections will perk up with treatment of the fever. If this is not the case, please call your pediatrician.

In brief: Repeat labs soon.

Dr. James Ball
Dr. James Ball
Dr. Tracy Sinha
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Infection

First thing is repeat it, probably viral, take tylenol (acetaminophen) for fever and I donot like word lethargig so more work up is needed.

In brief: Infection

Dr. Tracy Sinha
Dr. Tracy Sinha
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Infection

High WBC count may be due to the infection the child has.
But without knowing the number of platlets it is difficult to answer slightly low platlet count may be related to the same infection.

In brief: Infection

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Adam Smith