I have an abscess tooth with no pain. My face is swollen, I have itching, numbness, and slight pain. My glands are swollen around my jowl line and back of neck. What should I do?

In brief: Seek Treatment

Abcesses, even without pain, indicate infections that can spread to other places in your body.
Often the infection will find a way to drain (usually the sinuses) which may be why you do not feel pain. It needs intervention right away. At a minimum antibiotics but most likely root canal treatment or extraction will be needed.

In brief: Seek Treatment

Dr. James Goodpaster
Dr. James Goodpaster
Dr. David Mcnay
The numbness on your face is really concerning. Love yourself by high tailing it to the dentist.
Dr. Ronald Achong
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: See an oral surgeon

Get treated as soon as possible.
A tooth abscess can turn into a life threatening infection. See an oral surgeon for proper treatment and management of the infection.

In brief: See an oral surgeon

Get treated as soon as possible.
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Gregg Friedman
Gregg L. Friedman MD, Psychiatrist agrees
Dr. Michael Wexler
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: See Dentist

When an abcessed tooth causes facial swelling, it means the infection has spread from the bone surrounding your tooth into your facial tissue.
The infection can spread very quickly and into your throat region, blocking your airway which could cause you to suffocate. Get checked immediately!

In brief: See Dentist

Dr. Michael Wexler
Dr. Michael Wexler
Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: See Oral Surgeon

See the oral surgeon asap -- now, not later ! you might be developing a cellulitis and this is life-threatening.
Get to oral surgeon now. If not able, then get to er.

In brief: See Oral Surgeon

Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler