I had botox injections in my internal anal sphincter 3 days ago and used a fleet enema (sodium bisphosphate) to go and it burned.Is it ok to use fleet after that procedure?

Dr. David Shifrin
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Ask your doctor

This is a very specific question.
Presumably, your colorectal surgeon or gastroenterologist performed the injections for a spastic sphincter. You would be best served asking your doctor directly. It does take 7 days for Botox to fully work which may be helpful in planning your stool softening program.

In brief: Ask your doctor

This is a very specific question.
Dr. David Shifrin
Dr. David Shifrin
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Discuss with doctor

Botox is usually used for treatment of anal fissures and so i assume that you may have an anal fissure.
This may be the source of the pain and discomfort and so it may be wise to undergo an evaluation prior to any further manipulation or possible injury with the fleets enema.

In brief: Discuss with doctor

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik