What does it mean when my bones hurt for weeks?

Dr. Jeffrey Miller
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Needs exam
Rule out osteomalacia, .
Fractures, hypertrophic osteoarthropathy. Xrays and chemistry and inflammation tests will be necessary.

In brief: Needs exam
Rule out osteomalacia, .
Dr. Jeffrey Miller
Dr. Jeffrey Miller
Dr. Mabel Caban
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Bones hurt
The most common reason for bones hurting is osteoarthritis or degenerative joint disease.
Other symptoms are crucial to determine the cause, such as, swelling and redness of the joints. The possible causes include infection and cancer. Your doctor needs to do an evaluation to exclude other possible treatable causes of bone pain.

In brief: Bones hurt
Dr. Mabel Caban
Dr. Mabel Caban
Dr. Frank Holmes
Sports Medicine
In brief: Consider Vitamin D
I agree with the other answers, but also consider vitamin d deficiency, which is a very common and treatable condition.
Your doc can order an easy blood test to check your level.

In brief: Consider Vitamin D
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine