I got my period 3 times in one month, is this something to be concerned about? I'm not on birth control, I am 24, and this is the first time this.

Dr. Carolyn Quist
Gynecology
In brief: Abnormal
A normal menstrual period is defined as a menstrual flow that occurs every 21 to 35 days but can be normal up to every 60 days with a flow less than 7 days in duration.
Anything outside this is considered abnormal. The first thing to always consider when abnormal is a pregnancy and a simple drug store test will help rule this out. Otherwise see a doctor to see what is wrong.

In brief: Abnormal
Dr. Carolyn Quist
Dr. Carolyn Quist
Dr. Jane Van Dis