After a breast biopsy & diagnosis of fibroadenoma in oct 2012, another lump formed - md said it was a hematoma. Still has not gone away. What do I do?

Dr. Romeo Mandanas
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Nothing

Not too uncommon after a biopsy of a breast lesion or surgery to remove a lump, a hematoma might form which is basically an area of bleeding inside the biopsy or lumpectomy site which has congealed and clotted.
It could take months for this to resolve and scarring may take over the area and a "lump" could persist for years. This generally is just left alone unless infection (an abscess) occurs.

In brief: Nothing

Dr. Romeo Mandanas
Dr. Romeo Mandanas
Dr. Helmy Guirgis

In brief: Makes sense...

Your are 24 young, biopst showwd fibroadenona in 2012.
..How and where was the biopsy done? Any family hs of cancer? In any case, it is unlikely to be cancer....Just be patient...Relax... Ultrasound ? If you insist., a sceond opinion to relieve your anxiety. I prefer time !

In brief: Makes sense...

Dr. Helmy Guirgis
Dr. Helmy Guirgis
Dr. Walter Klein
Pathology

In brief: Close follow-up

It could certainly be a hematoma following biopsy.
This could take several months to completely resolve. It also could be residual or recurrent fibroadenoma. Was the oringal one completely removed or just a needle biopsy? Either way, at your age it is highly unlikey to be malignant. Have it followed by self-exam and/or your family doctor.

In brief: Close follow-up

Dr. Walter Klein
Dr. Walter Klein
Dr. Jane Van Dis