Hello I am 4 days late on my period . I took a early pregnancy test and it came out negative . I was on birth control stopped it on can I be pregnant?

In brief: The EPT test

would usually pick up on pregnancy when 4 days late.
But, you can go ahead and repeat pregnancy test to know for sure.

In brief: The EPT test

Dr. Louis Krenn

In brief: Could be

Yes, you could still be pregnant.
I would recommend repeating the pregnancy test in a week. Sometimes the pregnancy hormone can be low immediately after a missed period. You may also wish to use the first morning urine as the pregnancy hormone may be more concentrated first thing in the morning.

In brief: Could be

Yes, you could still be pregnant.
Dr. Louis Krenn
Dr. Louis Krenn
Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Trust the test

The first step is to repeat a home pregnancy test.
They are quick, reliable and easy to do. If the test is negative then you are not pregnant. In that case you can monitor the cycle over the next few days and schedule a visit with an obgyn to discuss birth control. If the pregnancy test is positive then you will need to see an obgyn soon to be evaluated.

In brief: Trust the test

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Adam Levy