I've just had a pick line pulled how long should I keep the spot where it was pulled from covered?

Dr. Gutti Rao
Internal Medicine - Hospital-based practice

In brief: May be two days

Needs to keep the spot clean.

In brief: May be two days

Needs to keep the spot clean.
Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: A few hours...

Need to keep a dressing at the site for a few hours so that the tract of the picc line is gone.
If you gently massage the area in a circular motion, this also helps obliterate the tract. Also, be sure there is no bleeding before removing the dressing.

In brief: A few hours...

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: Call hospital back.

There is a fine line between custom and science when it comes to situations like these.
My advice may be very different than the doctor who placed your picc, so the safest thing to do would be to contact the person who removed your picc for guidance. In general, though, it should be no different than any other iv.

In brief: Call hospital back.

Dr. Rashed Hasan
Board Certified, Pediatrics - Critical Care