Started coughing a week ago. Had other symptoms of a cold. Evrrything has gone away, but the cough. Should I go to the doctor?

Dr. Chris Hawley

In brief: Cough

The cough is usually the last symptom to resolve with a cold.
I'd give it more time, unless your having any difficulty breathing, fevers or worsening symptoms.

In brief: Cough

Dr. Chris Hawley
Dr. Chris Hawley
Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: Yes...

Sometimes, after an infection resolves, the airways remain inflamed afterwards and bronchospasm can result.
You may need a bronchodilator inhaler and perhaps a steroid inhaler to control the inflammation and bronchospasm until the inflammation resolves. Your doctor can evaluate you and render the proper treatment.

In brief: Yes...

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Marsha Davis