Does Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) cause massive weight loss? I had to take it for 30 days while dieting after that i could eat anything i wanted and still lost weight

Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) and Weight

Weight loss due to loss of appetite is a very common side effect of adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine).
I am not sure why you took it for only 30 days? Was it a prescription? It is really not supposed to be prescribed for weight control. It is fda approved for the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. The appetite reduction associated with Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) usually stops after discontinuing the medication.

Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Tedde Rinker
Holistic Medicine

One side effect of Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) is greatly decreased appetite and weight loss.
It's not a great idea to use it for weight loss though, because it is habit forming and most people regain the weeight lost quickly because stopping caues a rebound in hunger.

Dr. Tedde Rinker
Dr. Tedde Rinker
Dr. Eric Weisman