I just finished a diflucan (fluconazole) regimen for tinea versicolor how do I know if there still is an infection or not in the hypopigmented lesions?

Tinea Versicolor. Your doctor can diagnose tinea versicolor by what the rash looks like. Occasionally, the doctor may use ultraviolet light, which will make the affected areas appear a fluorescent yellow-green if they're the result of tinea versicolor. Your doctor may also take a skin sample by scraping some skin and scales from the affected area to look at under a microscope.
Time will tell. The hypo pigmented areas may persist for 6 wks or even up to eight weeks. It's important to remember that recurrence rates are also fairly high...Up to 80% within two years....So close follow up with your doctor and discussion about a prophylactic therapy choice may be in order.