What are the newest surgeries our injections to remove fat in the stomach?

Dr. Adam Bodian
Dermatology

In brief: Liposuction alternat

There is a relatively new device called zeltiq.
Zeltiq freezes your unwanted fat and measurably destroys the fat cells. It costs about $700 per area treated, is mildly painful and has almost no downtime. Their website offers many doctors throughout the us who have the machine.

In brief: Liposuction alternat

Dr. Adam Bodian
Dr. Adam Bodian
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Not for weight loss

A variety of injections are on the horizon for fat melting which is also called mesotherapy or injection lipolysis.
Some of these products have been used in South America and Europe with mixed results. Some have even been banned or restricted. FDA clinical trials are currently ongoing in the USA and the general feeling is to avoid these for now. This can only be skin fat and not stomach fat.

In brief: Not for weight loss

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery

In brief: Injection of chemi-

-cals to dissolve fat is unproven, illogical, & proscribed by legit med societies.
Best is laser-assist liposuction & vaser. The best system is slim lipo in my opinion(see the palomar webpg). It has drastically improved results by adding skin tightening & diminished bruising/ swelling. Still important to wear compression garment afterwds.

In brief: Injection of chemi-

Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Richard Baxter
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Liposonix

There are 2 noninvasive technologies that are fda cleared to reduce localized abdominal fat.
Liposonix uses high-intensity focused ultrasound (hifu) to permanently reduce fat around the waistline in a single treatment with no downtime. The fat needs to be at least an inch thick. Zeltiq uses cold therapy to reduce localized fat by freezing but imo liposonix can be controlled more precisely.

In brief: Liposonix

Dr. Richard Baxter
Dr. Richard Baxter
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Surgery/Injections

For years injections of a "fat dissolving" solutions have been popularized.
In short they are very risky and do not work, are unpredictable, painful. Laser liposuction has withstood the test of time, and gives excellent result in the experienced hands. I have done this "smart lipo" for over 5 years and my results are very good. Newer tech. Are the cyro therapies, jury still out. Regards.

In brief: Surgery/Injections

Dr. Darryl Blinski
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Dr. Eric Chang
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is a non-invasive, non surgical method of reducing fat in the abdomen.
It works by essentially freezing fat, which is more suspectible to the cold than the surrounding skin and muscle. It is a novel technology that really works. Many of the injectables, such as mesotherapy do not work reliably.

In brief: Coolsculpting

Dr. Eric Chang
Dr. Eric Chang
Dr. Peter Kurzweil