I have been diagnosed with pcos and my doctor give me metformin but I still have periods all the time and I want kids soon so what are my options?

Dr. Philip Rosenblum
In brief: Several
Pcos is condition involving several hormonal abnormalities.
These include high testosterone, low estrogen, or high Insulin levels and sometimes a combination. So sometimes several meds are used. Metformin fights the high insulin. So does a low carb diet. A few months of the pill or Progesterone (provera, prometrium) 10 d per month can cause a regular period. And Clomid (clomiphene) can stimulate ovulation.

In brief: Several
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Michael Traub
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Treatment
Although several options exist, most likely you will need some sort of fertility treatment to either monitor your own cycle to see if you are ovulating or to give you medicine to get you to ovulate correctly.
This is very easy to do but it can seem complicated so a specialist can help simplify it for you.

In brief: Treatment
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Cindy Juster