I frequently have tonsil stones and remove them. I also have acid reflux. Could my acid reflux have anything to do with the stones?

Dr. Robert Knox
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Tonsil Stones
Tonsil stones are actually not "stones", but instead are clusters of bacteria and often fungus.
The surface of each tonsil is lined by hole or tonsillar crypts. Sometimes, bacteria clog these crypts, and come to the surface of the tonsils as "stones". They stink and may contribute to sore throat, but mostly cause bad breath. Gargle with warm salt water. Tonsillectomy cures cryptic tonsillitis.

In brief: Tonsil Stones
Dr. Robert Knox
Dr. Robert Knox
Dr. David Rosen
Internal Medicine - Oncology
In brief: Chronic Tonsillitis
Unlikely related to reflux.
Tonsil stones(tonsoliths) are generally a sign of chronic infection. The fix is tonsillectomy.

In brief: Chronic Tonsillitis
Unlikely related to reflux.
Dr. David Rosen
Dr. David Rosen
Dr. Vicken Poochikian