I just had lateral ligament reconstruction in my ankle and I was wondering how long I should be taking norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen)?

Ankle surgery. Ankle surgery is a pretty extensive surgery. Norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) is a strong narcotic and should only be taken as needed for severe pain. It can cause addiction and constipation. After 2 weeks of the surgery, your pain level should have dropped by quite a bit, maybe a 5 or 6 level out of 10. Ask your surgeon to prescribe maybe toradol or ibufrofen. These can be taken for moderate pain, less side effects.
Pain management. You will take appropriate pain management pills (or use topicals) as long as needed for you! these are adjusted over time based on the healing process and your specific needs. Later on, maybe just an anti-inflammatory will be needed.