Chronic knee pain what can be done to my knee? How accurate is a MRI ? I had surgery one year ago and still having pain in the knee on the medial side

Dr. David Dang
Radiology

In brief: See below

A knee MRI can diagnose various condition including ligament or meniscal tear, cartilage damage, arthritis, joint fluid, synovitis, infection or tumor. A diagnosis found MRI may not correlate with the symptoms, in this case, pain.
Treatment depends on the symptoms, clinical evaluation, and findings on xray or mri.

In brief: See below

Dr. David Dang
Dr. David Dang
Dr. James Bicos
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Depends

Not all knee pain is the same.
Your surgery sounds like an arthroscopy and depending on the amount of arthritis that they found the outcome will be different. Mri is good but it is just one small piece of the puzzle. You still need a good exam by a trained knee specialist, a set of weight bearing knee x-rays, maybe an mri. It sounds like arthritis to me.

In brief: Depends

Not all knee pain is the same.
Dr. James Bicos
Dr. James Bicos
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine