My right leg swells during the day so much that I can't wear long boots if I haven't had them on all day. Can u help?

Dr. Chris Hawley

In brief: Swelling of one leg

Swelling of one leg could be the sign of serious medical problem, such as a blood clot, that needs immediate attention.

In brief: Swelling of one leg

Dr. Chris Hawley
Dr. Chris Hawley
Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Vascular doc may hlp

See a vascular doctor. You may have incompetence of the venous valves which could possibly be treated.
In the meanwhile try wearing support stockings choosing low pressure first and then increasing to intermediate or high pressure if needed and/ or tolerated. If this is a new swelling talk to your doctor right away. You may need a duplex (noninvasive) study to rule out blood clots.

In brief: Vascular doc may hlp

Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Dr. Umesh Patel