I have 2 swollen lymph nodes, one in my groin area and one between my boob n armpit, what could this be?!

Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Radiation Oncology
In brief: Infection or cancer
Go in right away and see your doctor. Lymph nodes get enlarged when they are fighting an infection or have cancer.
A good history and physical with right blood tests and x-rays is the only way to figure it out.

In brief: Infection or cancer
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
If they are gone it was more likely an infection that has cleared. If you have no fever, night sweats or unexplained weight loss, then keep monitoring. If they develop again then someone should look at them when they are there.
Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care
In brief: Monitoring Centers
Lymphatic system absorbs/carries things too big to go into the arteries/veins like bacteria eaten by white cells/digested food.
Lymph nodes "taste" the lymph everywhere for bad stuff like bacteria/viruses/cancers, etc. When it detects a problem, it alerts the immune system and your body reacts. They enlarge in response to the inflammation they create when they react. They shrink when all is well.

In brief: Monitoring Centers
Dr. Michael Miller
Dr. Michael Miller
Dr. Jane Van Dis