How can I get rid of dandruff?

Try Some Shampoos. Otc shampoos such as selsun blue or head and shoulders can help. Others are neutragena t gel and nizoral (ketoconazole). Try one of these to start and see what works.
Suggestions. Dandruff or flaking of the skin of the scalp is often caused by a fungal infection of the skin. Over the counter you can try dandruff shampoo like selsun blue. Make sure it's the one with selenium sulfide in it. There are presciption ones too. Tar shampoos can help too, but boy do they smell. Flaking skin can also be due to psoriasis of the scalp for which prescription steroid creams are helpful.