I've had 2 surgeries on l5/s1, first through the back discectomy then a fusion through the front. What poss complications can I hv during pregnancy?

Dr. David Lundin
Neurosurgery

In brief: Not much

If your fusion is solid you should be ok with your pregnancy.
As you gain weight you may be more prone to back aches or disk problems at l4-5 so stay in shape if ok with your obgyn. Also because of scar tissue an epidural at the time of delivery may be difficult and if you need a c section your scar may not heal as well or a hernia can develop since they went from a similar approach for fusion.

In brief: Not much

Dr. David Lundin
Dr. David Lundin
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: If the surgeries

Were uncomplicated there should be no bearing on your pregnancy or any increase of any risks related to pregnancy.

In brief: If the surgeries

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Eric Weisman