What is the location typically of back pain associated with lung cancer?

Tough question. Cancer is usually a silent disease. Once the patient perceives pain, it's usually advanced. Lung cancer can spread to many organs including the spine.
Can vary. Depends upon the stage of the cancer. Lung cancer usually is painless at the initial stages, once it starts invading into surrounding tissue in the chest it can become painful in the chest area. Once it develops the ability it can spread to anywhere along the back bone which can cause pain in the middle or radiating pain to the sides if nerves are involved.