I had peroid bleefing for over a year what can cause this. I have pcos as well?

Dr. Denise Elser
Gynecology
In brief: See your gyne
The question is vague: I am assuming that you mean that you 've had continuous bleeding for a year. Pcos patients have a hormonal imbalance that can prevent regular ovulation.
This leads to an excess estrogen effect on the uterus. Evaluation is necessary because the xs estrogen usually casuses benign bleeding, but can lead to polyps and even precancerous cells in the uterus.

In brief: See your gyne
Dr. Denise Elser
Dr. Denise Elser
Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Pediatrics - Endocrinology
In brief: Sounds hematological
Prolonged menstrual bleeding beyong 10 days is not normal and ought to be invesitgated.
Pcos is usually a condition where there is minimal menses (the term for it is oligomenorrhea) and is very unsual for a women to have the opposite effect (unless they are spottings and not frank bleeds). I suggest that you see a blood specialist (hematologist) to rule out coagulation disorder.

In brief: Sounds hematological
Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Pediatrics - Endocrinology
In brief: Bleeding disorder?
Bleeding for more than a year is well- beyond what a typical pcos patient will have when it comes to irregular bleeding.
You may need to be worked up for a bleeding disorder. Please check with your doctor.

In brief: Bleeding disorder?
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Raj Syal
In brief: See your doctor
You have abnormal bleeding likely related to the hormone problems caused by pcos, this needs to be treated to avoid future problems.

In brief: See your doctor
Dr. Raj Syal
Dr. Raj Syal
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham