I have an infection in my eye. Dr told me just to wait it out. Is there anything I can do to help get rid of the infection quicker?

Dr. Benjamin Chun
Ophthalmology
In brief: Betadine
Artificial tears and cold compresses may help.
There was a recent study that exposure to betadine may help, however it is not a standard of care.

In brief: Betadine
Dr. Benjamin Chun
Dr. Benjamin Chun
Dr. Benjamin Rubin
Ophthalmology
In brief: Viral conjunctivitis
If viral without cornea involvement, then the best thing to do is homeopathic treatments.

In brief: Viral conjunctivitis
Dr. Benjamin Rubin
Dr. Benjamin Rubin
Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Ophthalmology
In brief: Pink eye
I'm assuming since your doctor told you that, that you have viral conjunctivitis.
It just has to run its course like any cold. Although there is some evidence that gancyclovir gel may shorten the course in some cases, it is not typically prescribed.

In brief: Pink eye
Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Dr. Stephen Hamilton