Best sneakers for Achilles tendonitis and pronation?

Dr. Robert Conenello
Sports Medicine

In brief: No

There are no pathologic specific shoes.
Purchase a cushioned neutral shoe and focus on strengthening your entire lower extremity.

In brief: No

There are no pathologic specific shoes.
Dr. Robert Conenello
Dr. Robert Conenello
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: An orthotic

To me would be a more important "treatment" than a specific sneaker.

In brief: An orthotic

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
2 comments
Dr. Marybeth Crane
Brooks Beast is "best" running shoe for a severe pronation but I agree that an orthotic in a good stable shoe is the best solution
Dr. Robert Conenello
While the Beast is a heavy motion control shoe it is not necessarily the "best" for severe pronation.
Dr. Kyle Kinmon
Podiatry

In brief: New balance 1260

Also add sn insole with mild heel lift.

In brief: New balance 1260

Also add sn insole with mild heel lift.
Dr. Kyle Kinmon
Dr. Kyle Kinmon

In brief: NEED FOR SUPPORT!

Most shoes aren't always what is bad, usually it's the crummy insoles they come with! with achilles tendonitis and pronation, prescription orthotics are the best bet, but you can try arch supports like spenco polysorb total support (http://www.
Spenco.Com/products/footcare/poly-sorb) and otc anti-inflammatories (like aleve). If these don't help, see a podiatrist.

In brief: NEED FOR SUPPORT!

Dr. David Hettinger
Dr. David Hettinger
Dr. Richard Jimenez
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Go to running store

Most podiatrists can watch you walk/run and pick the best shoe for you, or recommend an orthotic with a specific shoe brand.
Another good option is to go to a high end specialty shoe store for runners. Often podiatrists help train their salespeople.

In brief: Go to running store

Dr. Richard Jimenez
Dr. Richard Jimenez
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine