Stage 4 lung cancer no chemo tumor grew & cancer spread, clinical trial only now, on oxygen for sob, blood clots in legs, what is life expectancy?

Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology

In brief: Hard to say/depends.

At this stage of lung cancer, the options are limited as is survival.
If treatment is done , it's usually chemotherapy and radiation and/or surgery after adjuvant chemotherapy. There are certainly trials out there and i would recommend talking to your doctor before starting any, but the chance for success is likely limited, as the 5 year survival of stage IV is <5%, but it doesn't hurt to try.

In brief: Hard to say/depends.

Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Christian Schultheis
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Does not sound good

With all you are explaining, life expectancy may not be as long as we hope.
Typically patients with progressive disease and clots have a shorter survival. My thoughts and prayers extended to you.

In brief: Does not sound good

Dr. Christian Schultheis
Dr. Christian Schultheis
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology