If I have pain in my ovarian region when I lift something heavy could it be a hernia?

Dr. Peter Kurzweil

In brief: Yes, however

As with any abdominal pain, if persistent, severe, or recurrent, it needs to be evaluated by a physician: in this case, internist, gynecologist, or fp.
There are a number of possibilities, and it may not be easy to diagnose (good physical exam, possibly vaginal or rectal exam, blood tests, perhaps sonogram needed). The history makes me think first of hernia, but no guessing. Have it checked out.

In brief: Yes, however

Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. David Earle
Surgery

In brief: Possible

A hernia in the groin is usually associated with a lump.
You should get an exam by your doctor to find out if it persists or gets worse.

In brief: Possible

Dr. David Earle
Dr. David Earle
Dr. Jane Van Dis