Am on glucophage (metformin) 500 tid my glucose is high any advice?

Dr. Lisa Rankin
ADHD & Autism

In brief: Change your diet

You are close to max dose of this drug which means your provider will likely discuss adding a second one.
One way to bring your numbers down is to significantly limit the number of carbs you consume. I have patients drink nothing but water and avoid fruit, bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, and usual junk food for 6 weeks. Once they see the way their body responds to carbs we slowly add some back in.

In brief: Change your diet

Dr. Lisa Rankin
Dr. Lisa Rankin
Dr. Fred Rincon

In brief: HbA1c

Check other things: is your they ok?.
..Sometimes patients need more than 1 medication or even Insulin the glycosilated hemoglobin (hba1c) can help your doctor determine additional therapies such ad insulin.

In brief: HbA1c

Check other things: is your they ok?.
Dr. Fred Rincon
Dr. Fred Rincon
Dr. William Forsythe