Are there more specialized/better anti-fungi creams for ring worm than the ones I find at a pharmacy that I should visit a doctor to have prescribed?

In brief: Lotrimin (clotrimazole) works

We usually recommend using the over-the-counter cream for athelete's foot called lotrimin (clotrimazole).
You can use it twice a day for a week, and you should have good results. If it doesn't get better with that treatment, then you should see your doctor to discuss other options and make sure it isn't something else instead, such as eczema.

In brief: Lotrimin (clotrimazole) works

Dr. Christianne Strickland
Dr. Christianne Strickland
Dr. Kelly Kane

In brief: Topicals work

We like Lamisil (terbinafine) at twice daily.
It is available otc. If it is not getting smaller/better in 1-2 weeks you should visit the doctor.

In brief: Topicals work

Dr. Kelly Kane
Dr. Kelly Kane
Dr. Cindy Juster