Can I have a couple of drinks while on metrogel ?

Dr. Arthur Heller
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: Caution advised
Can't drink at all with oral or IV metronidazole: can get violently ill from the drug interaction.
Metrogel (facial) has minimal systemic absorption, but not impossible to have reaction. Metrogel (vaginal) has greater chance for systemic absorption, therefore more of a chance of an adverse reaction. I certainly wouldn't have a "couple" (or more) drinks.

In brief: Caution advised
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine
In brief: "a couple"????
I have a lot of patients who consider a pint of 151 proof rum "a couple of drinks.
" if you are talking 2 standard drinks while on Metrogel for acne, it is not likely to cause you any harm. Alcohol itself however may make some people's acne worse. The person you should be asking is the doctor who prescribed the metrogel, who should know about your drinking history.

In brief: "a couple"????
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg