Why do I read symptoms of scary diseases/cancers and then can "create" the notion that I have them in my head? It's like i can't control it.

In brief: Stop reading scary..

Stop reading scary stuff, and the world may be just fine.
One great thing about the internet is that anyone can publish anything. One really bad thing about the internet is that anyone can publish anything. We can choose to live our lives as optimists, or we can look for all the scary articles and "live" our lives in fear. A doctor usually tells his patient when it is time to start worrying.

In brief: Stop reading scary..

Dr. William Harris

In brief: Just wait!

It gets worse! when i was taking psych classes, i thought i had all of those problems.
When i was on my internal medicine rotation, i thought i had all kinds of diseases. It is all a matter of what you are exposed to, learn, relate to, assimilate, and try to fit into your current experience. We all do it as a natural process. Read it, understand it, and move on knowing that you most likely are ok.

In brief: Just wait!

Dr. William Harris
Dr. William Harris
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu

In brief: See your doctor

It is not usual for a curios mind to think about having a serious illness after reading about the symptoms.
However if you concerns become excessive or starts affect your daily activities you must consult your physician.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Dr. Steven Seres