I have had two pap smears and both came back with epithelial cell abnormalities but the doctor said there is nothing he can do , should I be concerne ?

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
In brief: Colposcopy
A closer look at the cervix and probably a biopsy of anything suspicious is appropriate.
Repeatedly abnormal paps do require further investigation to rule out dysplasia.

In brief: Colposcopy
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Abnormal pap
The actual pathology results will be critical to answer your question.
If you are concerned about the advice of your current physician it is always appropriate to get a second opinion, particularly when the issue is concern over possible pre-cancerous cells. Second opinions are not always helpful but they are a means to reassure you that your worries are valid or not.

In brief: Abnormal pap
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Jane Van Dis