Sometimes I feel my heart beat or jump hard, one beat and the continue normal. Why that happen?

Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Premature beats

You seem to have occasional pvcs (premature beats followed by a pause and a hard beat).
They are generally of not much concern if happening once in a while. However please talk to your doctor about it.

In brief: Premature beats

Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Dr. Lea Danielsen

In brief: PVC

If t is an infrequent, brief event with just one abnormal beat it is probably a pvc.
Premature ventricular contraction means the ventricle part of the heart delivers a beat before the normal pacemaker. It happens very commonly. Low potassium and other electrolyte problems would make this more common. The cause could be significant but the PVC itself doesn't seem to cause problems.

In brief: PVC

Dr. Lea Danielsen
Dr. Lea Danielsen
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine