Hi, I have pcos , my doctor asked me to take medicine on fifth day of my periods, I forgot it can I take on sixth day of my periods?

Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Pediatrics - Endocrinology

In brief: Yes you can

The timing for ocp initiation in women with pcos is not critical as menses are seldom regular or of ovulatory type.
Taking ocp will help in suppressing your androgen levels which in turn will promote ovulation and regular menses. Good luck.

In brief: Yes you can

Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Dr. Frank Yelian

I think the medication is Clomid (clomiphene) or femara.
You may take either of these medication on cycle day 6. If that is the case, i recommend you to take for 4 days. Good luck!

Dr. Frank Yelian
Dr. Frank Yelian
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Pediatrics - Endocrinology

In brief: If it is ocp

I'm not sure what your doctor prescribed, but if you're on oral contraceptive agents then it would be ok to start on day #6.
It is very important to remember to take ocp's daily. Please check with your physician also.

In brief: If it is ocp

Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Lea Danielsen

It woud be a good idea to go ahead and take it one day late.

Dr. Lea Danielsen
Dr. Lea Danielsen
Dr. Adam Levy