Been suffering with lhermittes for a month (mris brain&c ok). Could a 5 year addiction to nicotine gum (15x2mg daily) cause vitamin B12 deficiency?

In brief: Unrelated.

I think you are saying you have been suffering with lhermitte's sign, and there are no findings on brain and c-spine mris to justify your symptoms.
You know that b-12 deficiency can cause it, so you wonder if nicotine gum has caused that. No. Start by talking to your doc about whether you have a b-12 deficiency. Some people simply can't absorb b-12. Ssri discontinuation can also cause lhermitte's.

In brief: Unrelated.

Dr. Robert Berkowitz
Dr. Robert Berkowitz