Hello.I'm using fluoxetine every morning.What are side effects?Does it decrease my sexual stamina?What are the side effects of fluoxetine use?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Prozac (fluoxetine) side effects

Common side effects with Prozac (fluoxetine) may be nausea, diarrhea, loss of appetite, dizziness, sweating, anxiety, insomnia, and changes in libido.
Some also notice difficulty coming to sexual climax. Many of these may dissipate with time, but the sexual issues may persist. Talk with your doctor if any of these are happening with you.

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Alvin Lin
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Ask your doc!

!st things 1st. Always ask your prescribing doc & your pharmacist about side effects & interactions before starting/taking medication.
For info regarding any drug, check out online.Epocrates.Com & drugs.Com. Fluoxetine is an ssri, all of which can lead to some degree of anorgasmia, thus actually increasing sexual stamina in the sense of delaying premature ejaculation. Ssris can also decr libido.

In brief: Ask your doc!

Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Let me help you

Fluoxetine has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials in which the side effects seen with a group of people taking the drug are documented.
Yes it dose sexual stamina. Impotence -- up to 7 %. Weight loss. Abnormal dreams flushing (redness of the skin, especially the face decreased sex drive -- up to %11 dry mouth headache insomnia -- in up to %33 of people nausea and headache yawning.

In brief: Let me help you

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Eric Weisman