Is it true that the depression med wellbutrin (bupropion) can help aid in u quitting smoking?

Yes. Bupropion, the generic of wellbutrin, (bupropion) is used for smoking cessation. Zyban has been branded for smoking cessation, and is the same generic. Since it is a prescription medication speak with your doctor for a comprehensive approach to smoking cessation using all the modalities available to you.
Yes it can help. Wellbutrin (bupropion) was found out when it was tested for low mood, and some of them 'spontaneously' quit smoking! turns out that research studies show that it increases success with quitting. If someone is depressed, however, and wants to quit smoking, they should be carefully monitored by their provider. It can be harder to quit with low mood. Wellbutrin (bupropion) + nicotine patch or gum or lozenge is good..
Yes. Wellbutrin (bupropion) and Chantix may be used together to reduce tobacco (and other) cravings. Reduce but not eliminate!
Check with your doc. It may help a little. Dose should be adjusted by your doc. May cause seizures. Chantix is more powerful - check with your doc.