Doctor said that a 12 week fetus couldn't be 2 weeks off and confused with an 8 or 10 week fetus.Is there not a range of error with ultrasounds?

Dr. Phillip Shubert
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: 7 days

Two weeks is outside the margin of error of ultrasound at this gestation.
I agree with your doctor.

In brief: 7 days

I agree with your doctor.
Dr. Phillip Shubert
Dr. Phillip Shubert
Dr. Timothy Davis
Radiology

In brief: You are mostly right

You can ask to see the ultrasound study itself.
Each measurement carries with it an error measurement, calculated on the machine itself and usually saved as one of the last images in the scan. Your doctor may also be right however; the sum of the information and clinical data may be more specific for dates. The earlier the ultrasound, the more accurate. At 5 weeks, tv error is just a few days.

In brief: You are mostly right

Dr. Timothy Davis
Dr. Timothy Davis
Dr. Adam Levy