How effective are cannabinoids in treating arthritis?

Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Pain Management

In brief: THC and pain

Cannabinoids do have an effect on pain but no effect on inflammation.
They work on the the cb 1 receptor for its effect. Unfortunately the cb 1 receptor is also involved in the reward process in addicts, drug misusers etc... So the risk of becoming addicted is very high. Really not a good idea to use this class.

In brief: THC and pain

Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Effective

Cannabinoids do relieve pain.
However, I am unaware of any direct effect on inflammation. However, other drugs can relieve pain without exposing a person to the hazard of smoke or cognitive impairment.

In brief: Effective

Cannabinoids do relieve pain.
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Even without smoking, the cognitive effecrs need to be considered.